The Bedework quickstart comes pre-built, allowing you to get familiar with the system quickly and easily, without having to compile and deploy code, and without having to set up a database. It is preloaded with with data to get you started and to provide an example of how you might structure your calendar environment. It is the foundation from which a production release is built.
We have attempted to make the quickstart as close to a production-ready system as possible. To move to deployment, you need only move to a production database. You may also choose to use local authentication (against ldap, CAS, Shib, etc), front Bedework with Apache, or make further customizations. In all cases, begin with the Bedework Quickstart. For more information about deploying a production system, see Deploying Bedework – but read this chapter first!
Packaged with the quickstart
- Bedework: Calendar engine, CalDAV, CardDAV, Timzone servers, and web clients
- JBoss 5.1 (jboss-5.1.0.GA)
- Apache DS 1.5 (apacheds-1.5.3-fixed)
- HSQL 220.127.116.11, packaged in JBoss
- Apache ActiveMQ 5.3 (activemq-rar-5.3.0), packaged in JBoss
- Apache Ant 1.7 (apache-ant-1.7.0)