Central Authentication Service
This is community space for the Jasig sponsored CAS efforts.
Introduction - What is CAS?
CAS is an enterprise Single Sign-On solution for web services. Single Sign-On (SSO) means a better user experience when running a multitude of web services, each with its own means of authentication. With a SSO solution, different web services may authenticate to one authorative source of trust, that the user needs to log in to, instead of requiring the end-user to log in into each separate service.
A number of out-of-the-box solutions exist to enable web services written in a specific language, or based on a framework, to use CAS. This would enable deployers to implement a SSO solution in a matter of hours.
The CAS Project
The CAS Server
- CAS Roadmap
- CAS Server Releases
- Mailing Lists
- CAS Wish List
- Obtaining the CAS Source
- CAS 1 Protocol/Design
- CAS 2 Protocol/Design novelties (proxy, etc.)
- Detailed Protocol Specification
- Proxy Authentication
- Proxy CAS Walkthrough
- CAS3 object model
- CAS3 Design and Development
- Shawn Bayern's early CAS and SAML document
- CAS 3 User Manual
Official CAS Clients
The CAS Community
This Confluence Wiki
Click here for information about this Wiki, including how you can contribute.
Who uses CAS?
Other CAS Server Implementations
- ESUP-Portail quick-start distribution
- RubyCAS-Server - A full-featured alternative to the JA-SIG CAS server, written in Ruby.
- CASino - A fully-compliant open-source CAS server, written in Ruby.
- txcas - An asynchronous CAS server, written in Python.
CAS Server extensions
- cas-addons: CAS Addons is an open source collection of useful Jasig CAS server addons.
- cas-spare, A system for automating CAS server failover.
- CASShib: Federate applications using an extended CAS server. Federated applications are CASified and use a CAS client instead of the Shibboleth Service Provider software.
Experiences CASifying applications
- CASifying Apache Pluto portal driver
- CASifying Bonito open source BPM
- CASifying DEA Virtual EMS
- CASifying eGroupware
- CASifying IBM WebSphere ( WAS ), Websphere Portal Server ( WPS ) or WebSphere Content Management ( WCM ) using the Trust Association Interceptor API ( TAI )
- CASifying Jenzabar JICS Portal
- CASifying Joomla 1.5
- CASifying Joomla!2.5
- CASifying Mediawiki (with phpCAS)
- CASifying Outlook Web Access 2
- CASifying PeopleSoft
- CASifying phpBB3 (phpBB v3)
- CASifying phpGroupware
- CASifying Sakai
- CASifying Sun Identity Manager
- CASifying Tomcat Manager
- CASifying Trac
- CASifying TWiki
- CASifying WebAdvisor
- CASifying Wordpress
- CASifying Zimbra
- CASifying Timetrex
- CASifying TeamDynamix (TDNext)
- CASifying ZPanel X
- CASifying Oracle Calendar web client with mod_cas
- CASifying Oracle Portal
- CASifying Oracle 11i applications
- CASifying Oracle BI Publisher Enterprise Edition 11g
ESUP-Portail distributions of CASified applications
Applications that come CASified
- uPortal - our own open source portal
- pNews - a newsreader.
- Sympa - a mailing list manager.
- TikiWiki - a Wiki and much more.
- Mule - an Enterprise JavaBean messaging framework. CASified by virtue of use of Acegi.
- Claroline - a free PHP / MySQL collaborative learning environment for creating and administering courses through the web. GPL. CASified out of the box as of 1.7.
- Moodle - a free, open source course management system (CMS). Courseware. CAS as a standard authentication module.
- Liferay portal - a collaboration portal (Java platform).
- ILIAS Learning Management - a powerful open source learning management system.
- Chamilo - Open source e-learning and collaboration software (CASified out of the box in 2.x)
- Simply Voting - a secure online voting system. CAS is a standard remote authentication option.
- Open eClass - Open source e-learning Course Management System (CASified out of the box in 2.4.x)
Hardware products that come CASified
Other Web SSO products
The Central Authentication Service isn't the only Web SSO product around. This page provides links to some other Web SSO products.