The default CAS Web application includes a number of localized message files. As of CAS 3.3.4, the following languages have localized files:
- English (US)
- Netherlands (Nederlands)
- Swedish (Svenskt)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Dutch (Deutsch)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Adding Your Own
If you need a language translation, we don't provide we recommend the following steps:
- Create a new messages.properties file for your language, generally called something like (messages_LANGUAGECODE.properties) and place it in the WEB-INF/classes directory
- Base your translations off the English translation, which always contains the most recent listing of messages.
- Add your language to the casLoginView.jsp if necessary (if you're supporting multiple languages)
- Open an issue for your new language translation so we can include it in the next CAS distribution!
- You'll need to rebuild your web application in order to incorporate the new file.
Selecting CSS per language/locale
Something like this in casLoginView.jsp: