New CAS documentation site
CAS documentation has moved over to apereo.github.io/cas, starting with CAS version 4.x. The wiki will no longer be maintained. For the most recent version of the documentation, please refer to the aforementioned link.
Releasing the CAS Server is a relatively straightforward process. Here are the current steps:
- Ensure there are no open issues in JIRA
- If its a relatively major release (i.e. 3.X), make sure that at least one RC has been released. Minor releases (i.e. 3.3.X) don't generally require an RC.
- Ensure that it builds
- Update the pom.xml files to move from -SNAPSHOT to the actual release version.
- Ensure that documentation is updated to reflect all changes.
- Tag the release in SVN following the standard conventions
- Build for Maven2 Deployment with the following (this assumes that you have permission to post to the Jasig Repository):
- mvn clean package install source:jar javadoc:jar deploy:deploy
- Build for Jasig Download Deployment
- mvn clean package install source:jar javadoc:jar assembly:assembly
- SFTP files to Jasig Server
- Request that CAS release manager add the release to the download portion of the web site
- Post announcement on web site as CAS *and* Jasig News
- Send announcement to cas-announce, cas-dev, cas-user
- Make sure Jasig Newsletter Editor knows about release by sending the announcement to news at jasig dot org.