To help with time management and room technology, we invite attendees to sign-up to be a session facilitator. This is a great way to give back to the community and do your part to help the conference run smoothly.
- Greet the speaker and offer assistance.
- Ensure speaker microphone and audio/visual archiving is on (when applicable).
- Introduce the speaker (if desired).
- Make sure the sessions starts and ends on time.
- Break the ice with presenters you want to meet.
- Easy way to do your part for the conference.
- The grateful thanks of the planning committee.
Before the session:
- Sign up to facilitate on the session page for the session you are interested in.
- Prior the session, pick up the speaker bio sheet from the registration desk.
- Show up for the session 5-10 minutes early
- Locate the 10, 5 and 2 minute warning signs and AV instructions near the podium
- Introduce yourself to the speaker and ask if they need anything
- Discuss with the speaker whether or not they want you to introduce them.
- Discuss with the presenter if they wish to address questions during or after their presentation.
- Discuss with the speaker where you will be sitting and how they will acknowledge seeing the 10, 5 and 2 minute warning cards.
- If introducing the speaker, determine if you will use the included biographical information.
- Make sure the microphone(s) are on and that the presenter will be using them. Note that the sessions being archived require use of an additional microphone.
During the session:
- Introduce the speaker (if arranged).
- Let the audience know when questions are allowed.
- Sit in a location where the speaker can see you with the warning cards.
- Show the 10, 5 and 2 minute warning signs to the speaker, ensure they see them.
- After the presentation, publicly thank the speaker.
After the session:
- Return the 10, 5 and 2 minute warning signs to the podium.
- REMIND speaker to post presentation materials and/or links to the session page on the conference wiki.
How can I sign-up?
Step 1. Make sure you're logged in to the Jasig wiki. If you haven't done so yet, create your account.
Step 2. Navigate to the session page you want to facilitate.
Step 3. Click Edit in the upper-right corner.
Step 4. Type your name in the table, and then Save the page.