Who. What. Where.
The Third Annual Jasig Unconference at University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign, "A Champaign Conference on a Ginger Ale Budget"
September 28 - October 2, 2009 2 1/2 days of sessions followed by developer-implementer days
Registration is now open open at https://www.concentra-cms.com/register/start.action?confId=43. Please also list yourself on the wiki participants page even if you are unsure you will be able to make it. The registration fee (which includes breakfast, lunch and snacks) is $225 for attendees from JASIG Member Institutions and $275 for non-members. See the wiki for more information on membership and a list of current members.
The University of Illinois iHotel and Conference Center is offering a discounted rate of $119 per night. More information available here, or information on alternate accommodations here
Urbana-Champaign is located in central illinois. There are local, regional, and metropolitan airport options. More information and tips are available here
For information on places to eat or things to do, go here
What's an Unconference?
"An unconference is a conference where the content of the sessions is driven and created by the participants, generally day-by-day during the course of the event, rather than by a single organizer, or small group of organizers, in advance."
JA-SIG has always been about people coming together to share and learn in an open environment, and this is what an "unconference" is all about. The unconference format fits very well with our community values and goals. This October event is our third Unconference and will provide both spontaneous and planned opportunities to collaborate on all JA-SIG community initiatives as well as initiatives from other community open source communities as well. Mark your calendar, make plans to join us and register now!
What are we going to do?!
It's up to you! Activity Ideas people are talking about so far include some of the following:
- Lightning Talks - Volunteers talk for up to 10 minutes. Any topic goes.
- Code Clinics - Bring your uPortal, portlet, or CAS code or problem and work on it with core developers
- Screencast Factory - Show off your work while a facilitator captures it to share with the community.
- Strategic Planning - What should JA-SIG be focused on next year? In three years? Join the conversation.
- How-to's. How-not-to's. Tips and techniques.
- Questions - Conversations topics attendees are interested in and who they would like to have involved.
As part of the un-conference format the final schedule will be determined in real-time, interactively with the attendees. See a list of ideas for activities and add your own.
OK, I'm Interested! What do I do next?
If you're planning to join us, please do the following:
- Register for the Unconference right here:
- Visit and Add your Name on the Unconference Planning Site on
the Jasig wiki. This is a great place to indicate your
interests---what you'd like to discuss, learn, share or teach:
- Reserve a room online at the iHotel and Conference Center:
Register online by August 27th: http://www.stayatthei.com
Make sure you enter the Jasig attendee code to get the group rate: AJSG
More info can be found here: http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/x/QYeUAQ
- Make travel arrangements. Tips are available here:
- Add a topics of interest you wish to hear about, an activity ideas for something you wish to work on or a lightning talks you wish to give.
See you at the Unconference,
The Fall 2009 Unconference Organizers