Who. What. Where.
The Fifth Annual Jasig Unconference at the offices of UMassOnline in Shrewsbury, MA
November 7-9, 2011 2 1/2 days of sessions; November 9-11 2 1/2 days of developer-implementer gathering
Offices of UMassOnline
Registration is FREE!
No meals will be provided; dinning will be on your own. More information about dinning opportunities can be found on the Places to Eat page.
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts is approximately one to one and a half hours from Boston’s Logan Airport, near Worcester, MA. More information and tips are available here
For information on places to eat or things to do, go here
What's an Unconference?
"An unconference is a conference where the content of the sessions is driven and created by the participants, generally day-by-day during the course of the event, rather than by a single organizer, or small group of organizers, in advance."
Jasig has always been about people coming together to share and learn in an open environment, and this is what an "unconference" is all about. The unconference format fits very well with our community values and goals. This November event is our fifth Unconference and will provide both spontaneous and planned opportunities to collaborate on all Jasig community initiatives as well as initiatives from other community open source communities as well. Mark your calendar, make plans to join us and register as soon as registration opens up!
What are we going to do?!
It's up to you! Activity Ideas people are talking about so far include some of the following:
- Lightning Talks - Volunteers talk for up to 10 minutes. Any topic goes.
- Code Clinics - Bring your uPortal, portlet, or CAS code or problem and work on it with core developers
- Screencast Factory - Show off your work while a facilitator captures it to share with the community.
- Strategic Planning - What should Jasig be focused on next year? In three years? Join the conversation.
- How-to's. How-not-to's. Tips and techniques.
- Do some collaborative development as part of the developer-implementer days.
As part of the unconference format, the final schedule will be determined in real-time, interactively with the attendees. See a list of ideas for activities and add your own.
OK, I'm Interested! What do I do next?
If you're planning to join us, please do the following:
- Visit and Add your Name on the participants page of the Unconference Planning Site. This is a great place to indicate your interests---what you'd like to discuss, learn, share or teach.
- Reserve a room at the DoubleTree Westborough or the hotel of your choice (see the Hotel Information page)
- Make travel arrangements. Tips are available here: Fall 2011 Unconference Travel Information
- Add a topic of interest you wish to hear about, an activity idea for something you wish to work on or do with others or a lightning talk you wish to give.
See you at the Unconference!