Released on: 22/Sep/09
The 2.5-export.0 release of uPortal is targeted at sites currently running uPortal 2.5.X and planning on upgrading to uPortal 3.0 or later. This release of uPortal 2.5 includes data export scripts back-ported from the uPortal 3.0 code base which include a large number of fixes that were not easily included into the 2.5 scripts. This release cannot be used to run a uPortal instance, only to export data from a uPortal 2.5 database for upgrading to uPortal 3.0 or later.
Instructions for using this release can be found in the release notes on the wiki: http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/UPC/2.5-export
The release can be downloaded from: http://www.ja-sig.org/downloads/uportal/uPortal_2.5-export.0.tar.gz
Provides the uPortal 2.5 code base configured for exporting data into a format that can be imported by uPortal 3. This release cannot be used to run a uPortal 2.5 portal.
The following data cannot be automatically exported for use in uPortal 3:
- Aggregated Layout Manager (ALM) fragments
- Groups that don't have unique names (i.e. two or more groups have the exact same name)
- Download and extract the release
- Configure the uPortal-2.5-export.0 project as your current uPortal 2.5.x project is configured. This generally includes the following files:
- properties/ldap.properties or properties/ldap.xml if LDAP is used
- properties/personDirectory.xml or properties/PersonDirs.xml
- Run the command ant -f import-export.xml export -Ddir=exportDataDir -Dtype=all
The export task will compile the uPortal code, connect to the portal database configured in rdbm.properties and export all portal data. The exported data will be in such a format that uPortal 3.0 is the minimum compatible version to import the data into.