February 21, 2017
Discussed uPortal topics that came up at ESUP-Days. The uPortal presentation was well received - Slides / Notes / Video (en) @0:21 / Video (fr) @0:21. There continue to be challenges collaborating due to language differences but there is interest in continued improvements, possibly including documentation in alternate languages. We discussed making a public statement about internationalization, localization, and accessibility in the readme and commit guidelines/checklist. We discussed non-uPortal-based applications that a couple French universities have developed locally that may have some characteristics available in angularjs-portal. We determined we need to do more communication about the capabilities of angularjs-portal.
uPortal collaboration days at Open Apereo
We discussed plans for collaborating on the Wednesday afternoon and Thursday following the conference.
- Andrew Petro and/or Drew Wills will circulate the idea of Apereo becoming a CNA.
- Jim Helwig will complete the next draft of the incident response plan.
- Drew Wills will contact Edinburgh to discuss WCP incubation.
- Jim Helwig will continue to poll the uPSC for a survey lead
- Jim Helwig will continue to solicit a community call coordinator from the uPSC
- Andrew Petro will continue to work through GitHub logistics on the uportal-dev list
- Andrew Petro will follow up with the uPSC on GitHub policy
- Andrew Petro will take look at leveraging the new GitHub organization web site capabilities