The following are the steps to integrate PubCookie into uPortal 2.4.x:
- Download the lastest version http://www.pubcookie.org/ and install in Apache or IIS as documented in PubCookie.
- In Apache httpd.conf, add the following lines, making the obvious name changes:
- In uPortal/WEB-INF/classes/properties, change the PersonManagerFactory line in portal.properties:
- In security.properties, change the root lines to:
- Edit webpages/stylesheets/org/jasig/portal/channels/CLogin/html.xsl, replacing the textfield and password fields to a link like
- Deploy the CLogin/html.xsl
- Restart the portal
When the user clicks on the Login link and has not authenticated, Pubcookie should redirect to the Pubcookie server to
authentication. When authenticated, the user will be redirected back to the Login where the REMOTE_USER variable will
be used to identify the user and the login process will be complete.