Please see CAS Roadmap for current information.
CAS 3.4 Maintenance
- CAS 3.4.10 has already been released (maybe later releases since this writing?)
- Continued backwards-compatible highly conservative bugfix and security fix releases in this maintenance series
TODO clean up / update remainder of this vision
CAS 3.5 Release
- Upgrades to core storage mechanisms. Most importantly, the API
- Introduction of core Factories for creating tickets
- Update to Ticket terminology to support future protocols
- Updates to internal code base to support new APIs
- Replacement of Jasig License with Apache 2 License
CAS 3.6 Release
- Rewrite of Services Management Tool
- Extraction of Services Management Tool into its own Web Application
- Consideration for Future Protocols
- Addition of Registration Tool
- New Integration Module between CAS Server -> Management Tool
CAS 3.7 Release
- Rewrite of two Core Interfaces: CentralAuthenticationService, AuthenticationManager to support additional use cases. These additional use cases include message passing to users, better throttling, CAPTCHA, integration with password management tools, etc.
- Updated UI to take advantage of latest use case additions including message returning
- Updated UI to reflect recent UI trends (immediate feedback on validation, etc.)
- Enable Advanced Use Cases including Session Id switching per request, etc.
CAS 3.8 Release
- Monitoring: JMX, Statistics publishing, support for Nagios, etc.
CAS 3.9 Release
- Support for OpenID2. This would be the first test of the new APIs to ensure we can support additional protocols
CAS 4.0 Release
- Basic SAML 2 support. "Basic" is defined as the minimal subset of required profiles to actually do something useful
CAS 4.x Releases
- Support for additional SAML 2 profiles, additional useful protocols, etc.