We have recently implemented TeamDynamix at our campus. Here are my crude notes on how to accomplish authentication via CAS to TeamDynamix.
From their site:
The Only PPM Solution Designed For Higher Education.
TeamDynamixHE provides the only project and portfolio management solutions specifically tailored to accommodate the needs of Higher Education. With a simple yet powerful interface, TeamDynamixHE solutions enable colleges and universities to prioritize efforts, adapt to change, manage resources and meet commitments on time and on budget.
- TeamDynamix has numerous web applications, at this time version 7.1 only has SSO support for the component TDNext.
- Since TeamDynamix uses Windows form authentication, the officail cas .Net client will not work. So we used the method explained here: ASP.NET Forms Authentication
- We are using .Net 4
- Cas Server 3.4.2
- TeamDynamix caches the authentication framework, so you will need to restart IIS for DLL changes to be loaded.
Step 1 configure TdNext's web.config to use Custom SSOAuth.
TeamDynamix has a hook for customSSO, that we must configure.
- Configure SSOReturnUrl
- Configure SSOLogoutUrl
- Switch the loginurl of authentication to *LoginSSO.aspx *from Login.aspx
Note, as usual with CAS, make sure to URLEncode the service URL.
Step 2 create the .net dll (SSOAuth that overrides the TeamDynamix interface)
- Include the TeamDynamix SDK dll as a reference.
Step 3 compile for release
- Move the release dll to the bin directory of TDnext/bin
- Restart IIS, since TeamDynamix caches various dlls.