Step 1: Obtain the MS JDBC driver
Since the MS SQL Server JDBC driver is not available in the central Maven repository, it must be placed into the local repository of each machine on which you wish to build uPortal.
- Download MS JDBC driver directly from Microsift, here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11774
- Follow the installation instructions, noting where the driver JAR file is located
- Note the location of the driver JAR file and the version
Install the driver into the local Maven repository
- Again, note the groupId, artifactId and version. These will be used in Step 2.
Step 2: Add the Dependency
- From the uPortal source directory, open the uPortal-4.x.x/pom.xml file and add the sqljdbc4.jar dependency to your pom.xml (Version 4 of the sqljdbc driver is required).
Step 3: Configure the Database Filter
- From the uPortal source directory, open the uPortal-4.x.x/filters/local.properties file and add your database information (Note: for ease of development we generally suggest leaving local.properties with hsql and adjusting dev.properties, test.properties, and prod.properties to your chosen DB. If you do this, pass "-Denv=dev" or whatever on your ant commands; e.g. "ant -Denv=dev dbtest").
Step 4: Test the Configuration
dbtest ant target will tell you if you have configured the database connection properly.
Step 5: Build and Deploy
Following a successful test, you can execute the command below to build the database tables and copy files to your servlet container.
Step 6: Restart Tomcat