OrgSync (v2 api) has a very simple view of events created within OrgSync. A connector is available to consume these events and synchronize them with a Bedework collection.
There are some issues with the api:
- OrgSync doesn't support the HEAD operation and gives a 500 error. To get the current etag we do an initial GET and discard the remaining response.
- There is no timezone information in the events.
- The uid is an internal - short - eventid. Prefixing makes this more acceptable.
Creating an OrgSync subscription
As a super user
- Switch to the System tab and select "Manage calendars and folders".
- Open up "public" and click the "+" on the cals folder.
- Set the name - e.g "OrgSync"
- Mark as a subscription
- Set the OrgSync URL in the URl field
- Put your site OrgSync key in the password field
- Select the OrgSync checkbox and probably the "Process Locations and Contacts" and "Process Categories" checkboxes
- Select the public only checkbox if that is desired
- Set the location key field name for mapping locations
The update process uses a key field set in locations to map the OrgSync locations. The key field value should be an exact copy of what appears in the OrgSync events.
The actual OrgSync location will be stored in an x-property