Who. What. Where.
What's an Unconference?
"An unconference is a conference where the content of the sessions is driven and created by the participants, generally day-by-day during the course of the event, rather than by a single organizer, or small group of organizers, in advance."
Jasig has always been about people coming together to share and learn in an open environment, and this is what an "unconference" is all about. The unconference format fits very well with our community values and goals. This October event is our fourth Unconference and will provide both spontaneous and planned opportunities to collaborate on all Jasig community initiatives as well as initiatives from other community open source communities as well. Mark your calendar, make plans to join us and register as soon as registration opens up!
What are we going to do?!
It's up to you! Activity Ideas people are talking about so far include some of the following:
- Lightning Talks - Volunteers talk for up to 10 minutes. Any topic goes.
- Code Clinics - Bring your uPortal, portlet, or CAS code or problem and work on it with core developers
- Screencast Factory - Show off your work while a facilitator captures it to share with the community.
- Strategic Planning - What should Jasig be focused on next year? In three years? Join the conversation.
- How-to's. How-not-to's. Tips and techniques.
- Do some collaborative development as part of the developer-implementer days.
As part of the un-conference format, the final schedule will be determined in real-time, interactively with the attendees. See a list of ideas for activities and add your own.
OK, I'm Interested! What do I do next?
If you're planning to join us, please do the following:
- Register for the Unconference here
- Visit and Add your Name on the Unconference Planning Site on the Jasig wiki. This is a great place to indicate your
interests---what you'd like to discuss, learn, share or teach: wiki participants page
- Reserve a room at the Harrah's Joliet Hotel.
- Register by October 3rd, by calling the Harrah's reservation line at 800-Harrahs (1-800-427-7247).
- Reference group code "S1017JC" to get the Jasig rate of $88.99/night. Be sure to tell them you are staying at the Harrah's Joliet hotel.
- More info on the hotel can be found here: Fall 2010 Unconference Hotel Information
- Make travel arrangements. Tips are available here: Fall 2010 Unconference Travel Information
- Add a topics of interest you wish to hear about, an activity ideas for something you wish to work on or a lightning talks you wish to give.
See you at the Unconference,
The Fall 2010 Unconference Organizers